The power of a relaxing bath can cleanse your mind, body, and soul from all the stress. It can help calm your mind, connect with your inner self, and feel at peace. A good bath can be a powerful detoxifier, pain reliever, and stress buster. And adding a potent compound such as CBD edibles could make these benefits all the more pronounced.
Why CBD Bath Bombs?
The healing properties of CBD have contributed to its growing popularity among several communities across the globe. It is a versatile compound that finds purpose in a spectrum of applications across several sectors.
CBD bath products are one such area of application where the compound can pave the way to achieve good health and wellness through nature’s power. If you are excited to enjoy a satisfying CBD bath, we suggest trying a simple DIY project at home, creating bath bombs with this incredible compound.
How To Calculate CBD Strength for DIY Bath Bomb?
The first step to creating a bath bomb is to calculate the right dosage of CBD for the best benefits.
The minimum amount required for your bath bomb would be around 25 mg. We will require about 200mg of CBD to prepare two bath bombs to provide deep relaxation and stress relief.
Instead of CBD oil, you can use capsules as well in your recipe. CBD capsules come in varying concentrations of CBD, such as 750mg. Each bottle contains about 30 capsules, thus delivering about 25 mg CBD per capsule. So we will need about eight capsules filled with full-spectrum CBD oil to provide the required dosage.
The Essential Oil Choices
The second step is to choose the right essential oils for the expected effects.
Lavender – Helps with stress and anxiety reduction. It can help cope with headaches and insomnia as well.
Chamomile – Useful for anxiety relief and promotes sleep. It also exhibits anti-inflammatory properties to reduce swelling and pain.
Ylang Ylang – Combined with rose, sandalwood, or lavender, the oil can provide powerful stress and anxiety relief.
Eucalyptus – It induces a refreshing and rejuvenating effect on the user. It has potent pain relief benefits to ease muscle and joint pain and inflammation. It also has a stimulating effect and effectively treats the common cold, nasal congestion, and discomfort.
Citrus Oil – The impeccable aroma can induce muscle relaxation along with anxiety and stress relief. It can also have an energizing effect on the mind and body. It shows powerful detox properties along with anti-microbial, antifungal, and antiseptic effects.
Rose – Combined with chamomile or sandalwood, rose oil can have calming effects on your nerves. It can also ease skin problems to add radiance and glow.
CBD Bath Bomb Recipe
The next step in your DIY project is to create the bath bomb. We have a straightforward recipe here for making fantastic bath bombs at home with much ease.
What You Need:
- 1 tablespoon water
- 60 ml Epsom salt
- 60 ml citric acid
- 120 ml baking soda
- 60 ml of corn starch
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil or jojoba oil
- Food coloring
- 200 mg CBD (Calculated Strength)
- 10 drops essential oil (Any oil of your choice)
- A large bowl
- Bath bomb molds
How To Prepare:
- In a large bowl, add citric acid, Epsom salt, corn starch, and baking soda and whisk to remove clumps.
- Place the coconut oil in a small bowl and microwave for 20 seconds to melt. Alternatively, you can place the oil in a small bowl on the stovetop just long enough to melt it.
- Add the coconut oil or jojoba oil to CBD, food coloring, and essential oils and stir.
- Slowly whisk the mixture from step 3 while adding to the mixture from step 1. Be careful to add the liquid slowly to reduce foaming.
- The mixture should be moist but not too runny to ensure it can be clumped together. Add just enough water to bring it to this consistency.
- Fill both sides of the bath bomb mold with the mixture and press the sides together.
- Slowly take off one half of the mold and let the bath bomb dry for a few minutes. It helps to set the bomb properly.
- When dry, slowly turn the mold upside down to remove the bath bomb.
- Place it on a clean surface to dry overnight.
- Transfer the bath bomb to a container to store.
- You can add dried flowers to the bath bomb mixture instead of food color for some exciting colors and aroma.
- You can replace CBD oil with 5 grams of preferred CBD isolate to create a potent bath bomb.
Using The CBD Bath Bomb
Once your bath bomb is ready, you can use it to create a relaxing and rejuvenating bath. Drop the bomb into a tub full of lukewarm water and let the cannabinoid do its magic. You can enjoy a nice long bath in the fizzy water dipped in soft colors and an enticing aroma.
While using a CBD bath bomb doesn’t necessarily require any special tricks, remember to create a soothing environment in your bath area for the best benefits. You can add a couple of aroma candles, some relaxing music, and of course, a glass of wine or tea to elevate the benefits of a CBD bath. You can also check out auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds to get your dose of CBD.
CBD bath bombs are a truly fun and exciting way of soaking in the benefits of cannabidiol. Apart from bath bombs, you can also explore creating other DIY CBD-infused bath products at home, such as bath salts and scrubs that can bring ample benefits to your skin and overall wellness.